NOTICE AND AGENDA
EMSA Board of Trustees Regular Meeting
Wednesday, March 24, 2021 – 1:00 p.m.
The regularly scheduled meeting of the Emergency Medical Services Authority will be held on Wednesday, March 24th, 2021 at 1:00 p.m. via videoconference. The meeting will be live-streamed from remote locations as allowed by SB 1031, 25 O.S. Supp. 2020 §307.1(C).
The public may also access the meeting by telephone The public may also access the meeting by telephone at 1-877-853-5257 then enter the following meeting room ID when prompted: 816 6969 3145#, when prompted, please enter the passcode for the meeting: 3672#; or view the meeting via ZOOM video system by going to: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81669693145?pwd=eTlpckZVR1ZGd1Yvazl6THRyNzU1QT09
The passcode for ZOOM is the same as the telephone option: 3672#
WITH THE FOLLOWING TRUSTEES ATTENDING REMOTELY:
Chief Michael Baker
Dr. Jeffrey Goodloe
Chief Bryan Wood
Report, discussion and appropriate action, if any, on the following:
- Approval of Board Minutes from the EMSA Board of Trustees Regular Meeting dated February 24, 2021 at 1:00 p.m.
- Chairman’s Report- Wiley Williams, Chairman of the Board
- President’s Report
- Operational Compliance Report-Frank Gresh, Chief Information Officer
- Financial Report – Lora Conger, Chief Financial Officer
- Key Performance Indicators Report-Adam Paluka, Chief Public Affairs Officer
- President’s Commentary-Jim Winham, Chief Executive Officer
- Approval of Lease Agreement between EMSA, as Lessee, and The City of Oklahoma City, as Lessor, regarding leased property to serve as the office and headquarters of EMSA in Oklahoma City.
- An Executive Session of the Board of Trustees, as authorized by Title 25, §307.B4 of the Oklahoma statutes, for the purpose of confidential communications with its attorneys concerning:
- (a) claims arising from the Contract dated as of September 25, 2013, between Emergency Medical Services Authority, an Oklahoma public trust (“EMSA”), and American Medical Response Ambulance Service, Inc. (“AMRAS”), as amended, including, but not limited to, the Complaint filed by EMSA against AMRAS in the United States District Court for the Northern District of Oklahoma Civil Action No. 20-CV-00455-GKF-FHM, and
- (b) a claim by the Office of Inspector General (OIG) of U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) arising from OIG’s Self-Disclosure Protocol and relating to a self-disclosure by EMSA of an unlicensed individual employed by AMRAS (EMSA’s former operations contractor) who performed ambulance services in the EMSA system during the period July 1, 2019 through April 20, 2020, and
with the advice of its attorneys, a determination by the Board of Trustees that disclosure to the public of the communications in such Executive Session will seriously impair the ability of the Board of Trustees to process such claims and litigation in the public interest.
- After a return by the Board of Trustees to the public meeting, vote upon any item of business which concerns the above-described claims and is considered during the Executive Session.
- Medical Director’s Report-Dr. Jeffrey Goodloe, Chief Medical Officer
- New Business
- Trustees’ Reports
- Next Meeting – Wednesday, April 28, 2021 at 1:00 p.m. via video/teleconference