Signs that may indicate Youth Alcohol Abuse
- Decrease in school performance – low grades, failed tests, increased absenteeism
- Withdrawal from family activities, secretiveness, failure to communicate, lying.
- Loss of interest in usual activities
- Excessive mood swings
- New friends, reluctance to introduce new friends to parents, friends whom you suspect are drinking alcohol
- Financial problems or unexplained injuries or accidents.
If you suspect your child has a drinking problem, the most important thing you can do is get help him or her help. A medical professional or religious leader will be able to direct you to the appropriate resources in your area.