Bath Safety Checklist
- Are bathtubs and showers equipped with non-skid mats, abrasive strips or surfaces that are not slippery?
- Do bathtubs and showers have at least one (preferably two) grab bars?
- Is there a non-slip bath mat available beside the tub?
- Is the water temperature 120 degrees or lower?
- Can you easily turn the faucet handles on and off?
- Are all medicines stored in the containers that they came and are they clearly marked?
- Is there good, even lighting over the area where medicines are taken?
- Are towel racks away from any small stoves or heaters?
- Are electrical appliances used away from sinks and tubs?
- Are electrical appliances unplugged when not in use?
Return to the Safety Resource Center