Symptoms Your Pet May be Poisoned

The ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center states that symptoms that your pet may have been poisoned can include almost any clinical sign and there may be no symptoms at all for several hours after the poison exposure. 

Symptoms may include labored breathing, seizures or muscle tremors, listless behavior or unusually restlessness or nervousness, unresponsiveness, unconsciousness, vomiting, blisters about the mouth, swelling, elevated body temperature, drooling and loss of bladder or bowel control.

If the pet came into contact with a poison through the skin, it may be scratching itself, there may be redness, pain or loss of hair.

If your pet displays these or other unusual symptoms that you suspect may involve poisoning, CONTACT YOUR VET IMMEDIATELY.

Return to the Safety Resource Center