Keeping Bugs Away
Summertime just wouldn't be summertime without the melodious humming of insects in your ear. If you want to avoid being on the insect menu this summer, try the following tips.
- Wear insect repellent and reapply after swimming or sweating.
- Forget the perfume, cologne and after-shave. If you smell like a flower, you are fair game to pollen-loving insects.
- Tone down your outdoor wardrobe; bright colors attract bugs.
- Don’t walk barefoot and watch where you are stepping, especially when wearing sandals.
- Move carefully. Quick movements such as hand and arm gestures may seem aggressive to a stinging insect.
- Sweet food or drinks are bug magnets. Enjoy these goodies inside rather than outdoors.
If you notice a stinging insect’s nest, move away slowly, keeping your hands and arms close to your body.