Your activities do not have to be planned. You can make small day-to-day changes to improve your health. For example,
- Take 2- to 3-minute walking breaks at work a few times a day.
- Put away the TV remote control-get up to change the channel.
- March in place during TV commercials.
- Sit in a rocking chair and push off the floor with your feet.
- Walk the dog.
- Walk while you talk on a cordless phone.
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator.
- Doing chores like lawn mowing, leaf raking, gardening, and housework can also improve your health.