Basement/Garage/Workshop Safety Checklist
- Is the area well lit?
- Are fuse and breaker boxes up to Code and in good working condition?
- Are tool cords and extension cords kept secured and out of the flow of traffic?
- Are extension plugs and cords being used properly - not overloaded or used in relay?
- Are lawn and garden tools and supplies safety stored off the floor and out of the traffic flow?
- Are hazardous and flammable liquids properly marked and stored away from equipment such as furnaces, hot water heaters and gas dryers?
- Is the floor free of liquids or materials that may present a slipping hazard?
- Is the area clear of cardboard, paper or sawdust that might become a fire hazard?
- Is there a functioning fire extinguisher at hand?
- Are exit pathways clear and easily reached?
Return to the Safety Resource Center