Kitchen Safety Checklist
- Are towels, curtains and other things that might catch fire located away from the range?
- Do you wear clothing with short or close-fitting sleeves while you are cooking?
- Are kitchen ventilation systems or range exhausts functioning properly, and are they in use while you are cooking?
- Are all extension cords and appliance cords located away from the sink or range areas?
- Does good, even lighting exist over the stove, sink and countertop work areas, especially where food is sliced or cut?
- Do you have a step stool which is stable and in good repair?
- Do you have a smoke alarm installed in the kitchen?
- Do you have a small fire extinguisher in the kitchen?
Return to the Safety Resource Center